Saturday, May 5, 2007

Ruth Interviewed

Trella did this interview the other day and asked if anyone wanted to take part. I volunteered myself and here are her questions, and my answers. According to the rules, I must answer at least 5 of the 6 questions. I actually answered all 6. Drumroll please....
(I don't know why this post is skipping spaces and lines. Sorry!)

1) What is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?
Now, I'm not trying to be overly spiritual here, but honestly the first answer that came to
my mind was the cross. At the cross I can find everything I need for a victorious life here
on earth, and at the cross is where I received salvation for eternity. At the cross is where
I can place all my problems and fears. Although there are many views more aesthetically
pleasing, to me, the cross is a beautiful place.

2) What do people like best about you?
Well, Matt (my 7 year old) says I'm cuddly. However, I think others that I spend time with
would say that I make people feel comfortable - both friends and new people in new
situations. I am definitely a peacemaker. (Now, that can be good AND bad.) Even in
ministering to people, when someone I have worked with in the past has left the church and
is ready to come back, they feel free to call me.

3) What person has influenced your life the most? why?
This is hard because there are SO many people to chose from. However, at the moment, I
would have to chose my pastor for the past 16 or so years, Pastor Bray Sibley. The past 5
years has especially changed my life and who I am. I could write a book about it, but I'll
summarize. Our church moved into having weekend Encounters, where you basically have
a 'face to face' encounter with God. Wounds are healed. Strongholds are demolished. Faith
grows by leaps and bounds. My life has been drastically changed by this. Now, not only
do I and my family benefit, but I seek to help others do the same. There is nothing more
rewarding then watching somebody you reached out to become who God created them to
be as THEY get healed and set free. Pastor Bray's anointing, obedience, and leadership
has influenced me and continually challenges me to reach God's destiny for my life.

4) If you could choose to be an animal, what animal would you choose to be? why?
I would want to be a spoiled, lazy housecat. I could sleep as much as I wanted. I would deal
with people when I feel like it. I would be queen of the household!!! (At least, that's how MY
cats act.)

5) What would your family say you're like first thing in the morning?
They would say I am slightly grumpy and very schedule orientated. My husband says I am
humorless at that hour. In my defense, my alarm goes off at 4:40 a.m. (I don't get up until
5:10), and I have to get 4 of us out of the door by 7 a.m. I am a night person, so I usually
don't go to bed early enough. Any night person that has to get up so early every morning
would agree with my evaluation of this being cruel and unusual punishment. My principal
doesn't seem to agree with me.....

6)Share a quirky habit you have. How long have you had it?
Hmmmm. I read books I like over and over and over. I have to be in the mood to read a new
book, even if it's from my favorite author. My husband says I say things 3 times in a row
quickly when I feel an urgency in something, like "Watch it! Watch it! Watch it!" while he's
driving.

Are you interested in being interviewed? Just tell me in the comments, and in a few days I will post some questions for you to answer. The rules are: You must answer at least five of the six questions. You will update your weblog with the answers to the questions and include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions (that you write). So on and so on...Have fun, and thanks for volunteering!

15 comments:

candy said...

just letting ya know that I have a new blog,

Candy ;)

Jennifer in MS said...

Hey Ruth,
I loved reading your responses! I liked that about the house cat! My cat is like that too!

I can't believe you like to read the same book over and over. That's interesting! I'm a "one timer" unless it's a non-fiction book that I need information from!

Have a blessed Sunday!

Susan said...

Enjoyed your interview. Loved the cat answer. I have "favorite" books that are like friends that I have read 5 or 6 times over the years.

Trella said...

Ruth you did a fabulous job! You know I like to read the same books:), and I love the description of a house cat:)
Have a great day,
Trella

Ruth said...

Thanks for the comments everybody! Jen, my husband says the same thing about my repeat book reading. I figure it's like watching reruns on tv or rewatching movies. I guess it's because I'm not so emotionally involved because I know what is going to happen. I have to be in the right state of mind to brave new emotional attachments, I guess! =o)

Taylor said...

I like this post-especially the answer about the cat. I would be a cat too. (They're so lazy and independent.) Anyway, I volunteer to be interviewed by you.
Have a great day!
Taylor

Momma Roar said...

Great answers! I loved the cat answer too!
I don't usually reread books, but sometimes I should with fiction - because I always forget what happened! I'm that way with movies too!

Christie Belle said...

Wonderful answers, Ruth! Thanks for sharing:) I'm glad to get to know a little more about you!

P.S. I'm a night person too, and the mornings that I have to get up early, are definately not my favorites either!

Tonja said...

your answers reveal a heart truly being set free...I rejoice with you. The Lord's doing the same in me!

ok, go ahead and interview me :)
I promise this time to post it :/

Lori said...

Great answers to all of the questions.
I'm not a very good morning person either, but I don't have to get up at 4:30.
I like your answer to what is the most beautiful thing that you've seen the cross.

I'm going to be doing this interview too.
I will post my answers on Tuesday.

Jennifer said...

Ruth ~~

I'm with ya dear! I would much rather stay up late then get up early :o) My husband works 3rd shift, so he gets home early in the morning and expects me to be excited to start my day at the crack of dawn too!

I loved reading your answers!

~Jenn

Kelli said...

Those are great answers, Ruth!
Kelli

Christy said...

I loved reading your responses!

I would love to be housecat too...can you imagine stretching out in the sun for hours on end? Pure Heaven!! LOL

I also read my favorite books over and over as well. But, I do like to get new books too! I am a major bookworm.

Susie said...

These were so fun to read! I love that you chose the cross for the most beautifl thing. You sound like my hubby, a little grumpy in the morning.

Lyndy said...

I loved your answer about the cross…so beautifully put.

I also loved your answer about a lazy spoiled house cat. I happened to have Prince who rules the roost around here…of course; I wouldn’t have it any other way though. (lol)

I am so enjoying your blog. Thanks for visiting mine. Have a blessed day.

Lyndy