Thursday, December 20, 2007

I Made It!

Yes! Open House is over. The Christmas performance is over. Phew! It all went very well, so I am glad. It is just such work getting ready for Open House. I stress over "do I have enough stuff to show the parents", and then I have to clean my classroom. OY!! The piles grow and grow, so decluttering is quite the battle. By the end I am doing the "stash and dash" method and hope I find everything later. We don't have a lot of meetings at our school, so we do have great turn out for these events, which is wonderful...but you feel "in the spotlight". But it's done. I have a staff brunch tomorrow, and then my cell group from church has a party tomorrow night. So, now I'm off to get those gifts wrapped and make my grocery list for the dips and dishes I am bringing for tomorrow night and Christmas Eve. It'll be a mad dash until Christmas, but then I get a nice long break. I don't have school until Jan. 7th!! YIPPEE!!

I hope everyone is having a good few last days until Christmas. In spite of the rush, I am focusing on Jesus and His love for us. Perspective. Perspective. Perspective. That's what it's all about. Blessings to you all!

4 comments:

... said...

doesn't it feel good to have certain events or chores done with. enjoy your next few days.

Christy said...

We are on break as well YAHOO!!!!

It is a GOOD feeling.

Lori said...

Great that in all the midst on the season...you are keeping your focus on Jesus.

Sounds like you have been busy with Christmas Open Houses...and will continue to be busy.

Best Wishes to you and your family for a Mery Christmas and a Blessed New Year!!!

Susie said...

Glad all your things were accomplished. Enjoy your break and have a very Merry Christmas!