Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday's Thought

1 Corinthians 5:6-8 - ...Do you not know that just a little leaven will ferment the whole lump of dough? Purge (clean out) the old leaven that you may be fresh new dough, still uncontaminated... Therefore, let us keep the feast, not with the old leaven of vice, malice, and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of purity, nobility, honor, and sincerity, and unadulterated truth.

Lord, whatever old leaven is inside me, keeping me from faithfulness, or anything unpleasing, purge it out so that I may be fresh and new. That is a scary prayer because purging is never fun. But, I am desperate. Show me the truth about what is in my life that is displeasing to you. Bad attitudes have to go. Self-consciousness and self-centeredness have to go. Show me Lord, and make me new - pure, honorable, and most of all, useable for You.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

I needed that. Thanks. :)