Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday's Thought

1 Corinthians 7:17 - Only, let each one seek to conduct himself and regulate his affairs so as to lead the life that the Lord has alloted and imparted to him and to which God has invited and summoned him....

This is the cry of my heart. I looked up a few of the words from good 'ole Webster's to get a better understanding:

allot - to assign as a share or portion
impart - to give, convey, or grant from; to communicate the knowledge of
invite - to request the presence or participation of
summon - to bid to come; send for; to call upon for specified action

So, to rephrase: Let me seek to conduct myself and regulate my affairs so as to lead the life that the Lord has assigned and granted me and to which God has requested my presence to participate and bid me to come.

It's all my choice...and what an honor! Lead and guide me, Lord, that I may accomplish Your purpose in my life.




No comments: