Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday's Thought

1 Corinthians 14:1 - Eagerly pursue and seek to acquire this love (make it your aim, your great quest)...

This has been the cry of my heart for the past few weeks. I am desperate for the love, the compassion, that God has - especially for those that do not have a personal relationship with Him. It really does come down to the fact that there is a heaven and there is a hell, and everyone will spend eternity in one of these places. True love casts out fear. I need to love people more than I fear their responses. THIS is the type of love God is talking about. This is the type of love Paul had when he spoke earlier in this book about being compelled to share the Gospel.

Oh God, help me to eagerly pursue and acquire this love. Let it be my aim and my great quest. Don't let me feel satisfied with anything less. Change my heart and my nature and grant me the honor of having Your compassion and love for those who need You.

1 comment:

Susan said...

This is a need in my life too, Ruth. I join you in this prayer.
Susan